Raleigh, North Carolina
The Inner Functions of Acupuncture Points: Images and Archetypes
This class will change the way you think about acupuncture points imparting access to their living potential.
We will take a deep journey into the nature of acupuncture point function. The symbolism contained in the acupuncture point names will be discussed as it relates to the deeper functions of acupuncture points. The points will be discussed as portals and archetypes that embrace the full realm of human expression. I will present the meridians as maps of the body, soul, and spirit as they pertain to the integral functioning of the evolving human being. We will consider the diaphragm as the demarcation between consciousness and unconscious and the importance of opening it early in treatment in order to create a stable foundation for health. I will present the points and herbs that open the diaphragm. Points on every channel will be considered as icons of Chinese philosophical, cosmological, and medical concepts. We will also discuss the function of several point categories including source, xi-cleft, luo, reunion, and window points.
Material will be drawn from, "The Clinical Practice of Chinese Medicine" by Lonny Jarrett.
- What is an acupuncture point?
- How are points like archetypes?
- How do they work?
- What is the role of intention in activating point function?
- What is the relationship between a point's name and its function?
- What is the relationship between an acupuncture point and it's meridian?
- How to design treatments that resonate with the patient’s functional dynamics while considering, time, weather, season, signs, and symptoms.